Redistribution of Work and Service

Redistribution of Work and Service.

There’s a lot of talk these days about the redistribution of wealth in America. But, I have a better idea…How about a “redistribution of work and service?”

We’ve all heard the 80/20 rule: “20 percent of the people do “all” the work while 80 percent let them!” But, what if that rule was “redistributed” to 80% of the population doing all the work and service and 20% letting them! What a difference that would make within our nation, our work force, our homes, our families, and our churches.

Just think for a moment. What if 80% of our nation’s population was employed and earnestly worked a good day’s work for a good day’s pay? What if 80% of our churches all across our nation were filled every Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday night prayer meetings with at least 80% of their congregation? What if 80% of Christians witnessed each and every day to their lost and dying friends, neighbors, and co-workers? A “redistribution” of mindset towards placing “value” on hard work and service could actually turn our nation completely around!

I wonder what it would be like if only 20% of the population shopped at Wal-Mart on Sundays because the other 80% was at church. What if our sports arenas and stadiums were only filled at 20% on Sundays because 80% of the people within our nation would be attending church? What if on Monday mornings 80% of our nation’s population got up early, got dressed, and got to their place of employment on time with a mindset to put in a good day’s work? Do you get my point? We need to teach our nation’s children that it is an honor to be on the “good” side of the 80/20 rule; the side that works and provides services unto others. We need to teach our churches that it is an honor to be on the “good” side of the 80/20 rule in attendance, giving, tithing, and serving others.

For so many years now, many of us have been a part of the 20% who have plowed and worked ourselves like crazy to make up for the 80% who simply refuse to do their part. So, instead of marketing the philosophy of redistributing wealth, I propose we market the idea of “redistributing work and service!”

I firmly believe that IF this particular philosophy was accepted and practiced across our nation that the wealth factor would simply take care of itself! In closing, let me ask you this question…If you were asked today which side of the 80/20 rule do you belong what would your answer be? Then, ask yourself what answer would your friends, family, and co-workers say you’d be?

Remember, “Whatever you do, work heartily as for the Lord and not for men.” (Colossians 3:23).

Remember, God Loves You!
Lin T Rollins, M.Ed., Author


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.